Aerial Devices Safety Training
111-01 Scissor Lift Operations and Safety
When you have completed this lesson, you will be able to explain the importance of operating a scissor lift according to the step-by-step procedures listed in most operating manuals. You will also be able to explain the safety measures to be followed in detail and the importance of thorough pre-operation inspections.
This lesson satisfies the training requirements for OSHA section 29 CFR 1926 (Subpart L) section 453 including appendices and the American National Standard Institute (ANSI) ANSI/SIA/ A92.6-2006.
- State the importance of following all safety rules
- Identify steps in the pre-operation inspection of the scissor lift
- Recall the importance of good maintenance practices
- Identify a number of the function tests to be performed on the scissor lift
- Explain the importance of a workplace inspection
- Describe the operating instructions of a scissor lift