Wiring Installation Training
421-01 Wire and Cable Management
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to determine how to properly use conduit and cable trays to ensure the necessary neat and workmanlike appearance required by the NEC.
- Describe the use of the following:
- Cable trays
- Junction boxes
- Wire ducts
- Explain the importance of using a marking and numbering system
421-02 Terminating and Connecting Wires in a Control Panel
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain the basic steps to wire a control panel.
- List some conditions that affect selection of components
- Discuss the function of a truth table
- Describe how to use wiring duct
- Explain the purpose of din rail
- Describe selector switches and identify how they are used in a control panel
- Describe the value of numbering and color coding in control panels
421-03 Making Connections in a Junction Box
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to explain how to make connections and terminations in a junction box using several systems.
- Define an electrical junction and explain its purpose
Describe how to perform the following activities:
- Use a wire nut connector
- Terminate wires using a terminal strip
- Form wire in a junction box
421-04 Installing Conduit and Pulling Wire
Upon completing this lesson, you will be able to describe the major types of electrical conduit and the basics of installing and pulling wire through electrical conduit.
- Identify the five major types of conduit
- Explain the difference between each type of conduit
- Describe the process of cutting, bending, and fitting each type of conduit
- Discuss the methods of installing electrical conduit
- Explain the various methods of pulling wire through conduit